Monday, 22 February 2010

22/02/10 - Route Choice , brambles #fail

Route Choice, brambles #fail
In the Southern Orienteering Championships in the Forest of Dean yesterday I ran from the road crossing at control 6 and then up the path to a fence ... the choice was now - go straight, a distance of about 200 m to control 7 which was on a platform or take the southern then western route around an area that was mapped as ' undergrowth - difficult to run' . I chose to go straight through the 'fight' - after all it was now down the hill. It was all brambles. 2 mins into the leg I was lying on my back in a bramble patch unable to move with nothing to pull on to get up and get moving. I rolled over in the brambles and got to my knees (as you can see) and tried to find my back up the hill but pulling my leg out of the bramble-tangle and moving upwards was 'interesting'. I just had to turn round and go down the hill through the thigh high brambles.
I feel sure that my legs will heal .... in the end.
Where can I run next weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I your other name Brer Rabbit any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly- be more careful next time.

    Allanah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some unmentionable disease, such as orienteeringitis.

    ReplyDelete